Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 47 of our adoption journey.

 I is with GREAT JOY that I can finally say that “H” is now a part of our family. We were able to get the court decree take it across country and get his birth certificate changed. Once we had the birth certificate updated we were able to get all of his other documents corrected with his adopted name. This all had to be done in the city where he was born and from where he as in the facility it was on the other side of the country. We had to take a 5 hour car ride to the capital city where we took a train to the city where he was born. This was a 12 hour train ride but we were able to lay down to sleep. After we got all of the documents updated we took a train back to the capital city but this train was much faster and it only took us 8 hours to get back.

On Thursday June 27th we had everything we needed and we took it to the court got our release paper and took this to the facility and was able to leave with our Son, Charles Pasha Dailey. For those who are family members you will understand why we gave him the name of Charles. You see that my Dad’s youngest brother was deaf and we loved him very much. When we told him we were trying to adopt this young man who was deaf he was very happy and excited. I would have loved for them to have known each other but God took my uncle Edward home last year so in his honor I used gave Pasha his first name and kept his other name. Ok on with the story, we left there drove 3 hours to the capital of this region and applied for his passport. We were hoping to meet with the US Embassy and get his medical done but the earliest we can get that done is July 8th. We have also been told that no passports were begin issued but actually none were being printed, but I understand they are going to start printing them again next week. Please pray that God will open the doors that would allow us to travel home as soon as we can.  

After we got all of the paper work completed we went to the home of some friend who are missionaries and have been staying with them and it has been wonderful because now only do they speak the language here but he and his wife are also certified interpreters for the deaf here as well as ASL in the United states. And this has been good for us because they are helping us communicate with Pasha that he has to obey us and when we are outside he MUST stay by our side and hold to our hand. He cannot run ahead there is traffic here that he has not been accustom to so he MUST OBEY us and not run everywhere so that no harm comes to him. However today on the playground he disobeyed his Momma and we gave him a time out when they got back to the apartment and also took his pad away for 2 hours. 

Kathy and I feel so honored that God somewhere in time chose us to be the parents of this wonderful young man. We have just been so overwhelmed with the Grace of God and his wonderful mercy he has shown us as we have been here in the EE country for this adoption journey. He has put so many people in our lives to help and to guide us in this journey to become the parents of this wonderful and fantastic young man. He is so anxious to get home and me his sisters and brothers and all of his nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. He keeps asking us when we are going to fly home we are trying to communicate to him that is could be a couple of weeks before we can travel home. So we are asking you to please join us in prayer that God would open the Door and allow us to return home next week if it is his will.  

I will continue to this blog each day when possible, the missionaries we are staying with have a Church and Daniel is the Pastor there. As God has done many times in the recent weeks the night we arrived I was able to go with Daniel to a Bible study he was conducting at the church. It is a small church but their members are faithful. Please lift them up in prayer and ask that God to bless them in a mighty way and help their small congregation to Grow. There is a large Baptist church here in the city and If God allows I want to visit them once before we leave. But if not we have at least had this opportunity to be with fellow Christians brothers and sisters and are enjoying their hospitality greatly. TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!!!

5 comments:

rosedel said...

Hooray! Congratulations to all of you! It is good to have some time to live together before traveling. Establishing rules and boundaries is helpful for all before the massive upheaval for Pasha. I am so happy for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

CAH said...

Congratulations. I've been praying for you and will continue to pray.

rosedel said...

I'll be away from the internet for a few days but I'll be praying for you. I hope when I get back you will have the good news of a going home date! Take care.

Ines Wallace said...

Thank you for sharing the details of this beautiful love story!!!
You are in our prayers...
May our continue pouring out His blessings on your family..

Ines Wallace

Rev. Ben Dailey said...

I want to express my deepest thanks to each of you who have commented on my blog. Your kinds words and prayers have been most welcome in the past weeks have been most encouraging. But now we need you to pray that passports will be printed next week so we can go home. I have exhausted all of my time and I only have one more week of parental leave available and I would like to take that with Pasha when we get home. But I may have to take it next week.