Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Father’s Kiss


There are some blessing we get from God that sometimes come to us as a total surprise and today I was blessed to have received one of these special blessings. When I arrived at the school today one of the Ladies who work there told me to go to the cafeteria so that is where I went and half way there I was met our little girl and boy. They took my hands and lead me the rest of the way. When we arrived I learned they were having a birthday party for all of the children who have or will be having a birthday during the months of September, October and November and it included both Bogdan and Sasha.

The director gave each of the birthday boys and girls a gift, and to me this was so touching because as he gave it to them he kissed each one on the cheek as a father would do. He does these things for the children and I get to see just how much he really does love and cares for each one. He has not put any restrictions on us and children are allowed to come in and be with us all during our visits nor have we been restricted to a certain building or room but they all know when we arrive each day we head to the TV room. I have been allowed in any building and room and he has been very friendly and cordial with us this year. I think last year he just did not know us and stayed away and kept many of the children from us. This year we came bearing gifts for the children and school and clothes that had been given to us and I knew they were too big or small for Pasha and Bogdan. And I have seen some of the older boys wearing the clothes many times.

For me to be there today for this birthday party was so very special because this is something they keep in the school and kind of a private family event, but they timed it today so I could be there and they wanted to have this now with Sasha and Bogdan. To me it was sort of a happy birthday and a farewell at the same time and I got to be a part of it which is why I said this was one of those day God blesses in a great and mighty way and totally unexpected. I am so thankful he counted me worthy of this great honor and blessing. As I sit now and reflect back on the day a verse of scripture keeps coming to mind "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jer 29:11 ESV). This gives me such great peace, joy and consolation just knowing he has thoughts for me and today I was the child receiving a gift as God reached down and kissed me on the cheek. I know he loves me I can feel his love and I feel him in my spirit.

So parents today, take time to hug your children and kiss them because there are so many children today who are so starved for that family connection and they dream of it. All of my children know I love them and I kiss them on the forehead every time we part ways. I do the same thing at the school when I leave, I don't just say bye to Sasha and Bogdan I tell each one around me bye and I kiss them on the forehead. I feel they see me as their father figure and that is ok I do not mind and feel it an honor that God has allowed me this time with them each day. I hope some of what I have conveyed to them about serving and loving God will stay with them and they will continue to grow in his grace and knowledge. I know I can't take them all home physically but I am carrying them in my heart, and I will pray for them every day calling out their names to God to watch over these little lambs.


 


 


No comments: