Tuesday, October 21, 2014

To God Be The Glory!

Since Ben has not had a chance to make a post, I thought I would make one.  Just so you know, God has been blessing us more with each of our visits.  Seeing the smiles on their faces brings such joy and comfort to this mothers heart.  The look of happiness when they see us coming is beyond words.  They are eager to talk to us and learn more about their new home.  They come running to meet us and grab us and give big hugs.  I just want to give God all the praise and glory for being with us through this journey.

All of the teachers and students at the orphanage were very happy to see Pasha.  They kept coming into the room and asking “Where is Pasha?”  They wanted to know if he was happy and he told them that he was.  When the time comes each day for us to leave, they all walk out to watch as we get in the taxi to leave. I have fallen in love with them all.  I pray that God will watch over them as they reach adulthood.  If you have nothing to pray for, pray for these children, they need our prayers.  Remember Jesus loves the little children of the world and they all are precious in his site.

There is one young lady there and she mothers all of the children and from what we are seeing she has the true spirit of a mother.  She has been watching over the children for us, so in return today at the Tuesday market we finally found her the tiny beads she uses to make beautiful pictures.  The picture we chose was of an angel watching over two small children.  I know angels are messengers of God and they do God’s bidding so when we see these pictures what we are seeing is God’s will being done and for that we need to give God honor, glory and praise. 

The scriptures teaches us this, e.g., “And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and I was sent to speak unto thee, and to bring thee these good tidings” (Luke 1:19 ASV).   And the scripture that drives this point home is “And I John am he that heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel that showed me these things.  And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow-servant with thee and with thy brethren the prophets, and with them that keep the words of this book: worship God” (Rev 22:8-9 ASV).

There may be angels among us and we may even serve them unaware but they are not to be praised that honor belongs to God and His Son Jesus Christ.




No comments: