Saturday, November 1, 2014

Two More Jewels Added

Yesterday in the states it was Halloween and a friend who also adopted her son last year from the same school we adopted Pasha from sent me his picture all dressed up in his Halloween costume.  He was dressed up as what appears to be a spaceman.  So cute and him with his brother and sister and it makes me so happy to know he is now in a forever family.  Just as Pasha is and now Sasha Joy and Bogdan Loy are, yes you read that correctly.  We have just added two more to our family and now there are two less orphans in the world.

There is a song that comes to my mind, I think, could be wrong, the Goodman's may have recorded it.  It says set another place at the table, write another chorus to the song because another child is coming home. In this case times that by two and the challenges that lay ahead well lets just say God has been preparing us the past year for this.  I look back on it now and we would not have come as far as we have if it had not been for God working in us through Pasha.  His word says "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, declares the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts."  (Is a 55:8-9 NASB).

Too many people have never read these verses or they have and decided they are smarter than their creator.  We need to take heed to these verses and then we can truly began to see God's glorious unfolding as Stephen Curtis Chapman put it in his latest album.  Moses told the children of Israel "Do not fear!  Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord which he will accomplish for you today." (Exo 14:3b NASB).  We have all grown up in a have it your way society.  When it comes to food or other material possessions this maybe okay, but God is not a fast food establishment where we pull up and just give him our orders and complain when we don't get it our way, or how we ordered it.  God is much greater than that and we do not need to puts limits on His wondrous grace and mercy.

I remember as a child when there was something I wanted very badly I would go to my Daddy as humble as I could and make my request to him.  He was a very strict man and I am so thankful he was because he helped me become the man I am today from his teaching and discipline.  When he gave his answer if it was not what I was hoping for I knew better than to stand there and whine asking why?  But this is how we do God, we are like spoiled children always whining to God wanting our way.  Jesus taught us something totally different, in the Lord's Prayer we teach our children, it says "Our Father who is in heaven Hallowed be Your name.  Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. (Mat 6:9b-10, NASB).  When you read this what do you see missing?  Come on you can do this , what is missing?  Give up?  The one element that is missing in the lines of this prayer is a selfish whinny attitude.  Jesus was the only son of God but he always sought God's will above his own, and if we are the Christian we are supposed to be this is same image we are to demonstrate in our lives. 

Let your light so shine in a dark world and as the saying goes "quit your belly aching!". Instead of always complaining about what you don't like, pray and ask God to help you be more content as the apostle Paul did when he said from prison, I have learned to be content in what ever circumstance I am in (Phil 4:11 NASB).  If we look at this example we will find that Paul learned this lesson, notice that word learned.  To be more Christ like we must learn not to be whinny children who do get their way.  We must feed on the meat of the word and leave the milk behind, if we don't we will never be able to let our light shine in a dark world. 




No comments: