Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 18 of our adoption journey


As I stated in an earlier post one of the things I am doing a lot of is personal devotion and mediation upon the Word of God.  Each day he is continuing a theme with me, which is trust, and I must say I have had to ask God to forgive me for my worry which shows a complete lack of trust and faith because trust in God is what he wants and expects.  When we sit and worry over things or allow the cares of this world to rob of us our trust and faith, then this becomes sin and God is not pleased with it.  So today I will take the verses “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you (1 Peter 5:6-7 KJV).  According to Barnes he feels Peter is using scripture from Psalms 55:22 there the Psalmist wrote “Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved” (Psa 55:22 KJV). 

To me it does not matter whether it was Peter or the Psalmist who wrote it what matters is that we need to cast all of our cares, our problems our clouds of doubt upon God.  When we don’t know what to do, we need to cast our cares upon God.  When we are scared, afraid or confused we need to bow down and cast all of our cares on the Lord.  We need to bring it to his feet, lay it down and let him handle it.  That is true faith, when we can lay it down at His feet and walk away from it and leave it there to allow Him to handle it in his time according to His will.  That is what God ask of us, ultimate trust and faith in him.

A couple of days ago there was a car pulled in front of the Hotel and the driver blew the horn.  This is normally the way the taxi drivers do, and we walked out and got into the back seat of the car and he took off.  Kathy turned to me and said “you know we are awful trusting.”  My Reply is yes this is how we trust God to take care of us.  He is putting us in the hands of those he knows will take care of us as we travel each day from the hotel to the facility where “H” is and back. We have met several of the drivers and each one of is very friendly and courteous.  But the ones from the village “H” lives are the ones we like the most.  Their driving is much slower, their cabs are cleaner and they are much more friendly, one of them even gets out and shakes our hand and helps us in.  When we arrive back at the hotel he does the same thing, helps us out and shakes our hands.  “If His eye is on the sparrow then I KNOW He is watching over me!”

This morning I had to go down to the market place and while I was there I wanted to try and find a coloring book and colors for “H”.  However, when I walked in there was several books on his level that was used to teach children his age English.  WOW Now isn’t the God we server just WONDERFUL that he would lead me to the one store in the entire market place and village that had something I really needed! Praise His Name! 

Again today we had another wonderful time and visit with “H”.  Each day after he comes in and we say our hello’s and get our hugs then he always wants to know if we brought his computer (NABI).  We tell him yes and he can play with it after we work on the ASL Signs.  The book I found earlier this morning was a huge success.  We are getting “H” to see the word in his language and then see the same thing in the English Language and then we teach him the American Sign finger spelling and then the sign.  He is getting there and we knew going in this would be a slow process.  There is an older student there that “H” looks up to and enjoys being around.  We asked the Assistant director that has been helping us if this young man could help “H” learn this ASL alphabet.  He and another student both stepped up and have agreed to help “H” with this. 

We know when we get him home things will be different and we are trying as much as we can now to prepare him so he will not be totally lost and confused.  “H” is doing a wonderful job and we are so very proud of him.  We just can’t wait for the day when we can finally go to the facility and take him with us as our Son!  Again as were are trying to do every day this is our daily photo together. 

2 comments:

CAH said...

I'm very inspired by your blog. We're waiting for our SDA appointment. Your blog is keeping me focused. I can't wait to find out where in Ukraine you are adopting. Maybe it will be the same place we are traveling.

Rev. Ben Dailey said...

If you send me your email address i can let you know.

daileybd@gmail.com