Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 15 of our adoption journey


Day 15

We hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend, I would have enjoyed being home and possibly grilling but we are still here in Eastern Europe.  I thought of my Dad yesterday and how much I miss him.  He was in the Korean War and so was Kathy’s Dad and we are so proud of them and the many other men and women in our lives that have served our country.  We solute you and thank you and we thank God for You.

As I told many people I planned to do a good bit of studying of God’s Word in personally devotion time.  Well I will tell you when you study and meditate upon God and His Word He will show you great and wonderful things and he will give you peace and great joy.  As I have been studying this past week there has something that God had been helping me with and that is total trust in him.  So many times we can let worry creep which causes our human trust factor to decrease.  God is not pleased with this what he wants from us is complete and total trust and I am constantly reminded of one of my favorite passages; “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.  Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee” (Isaiah 41:10-13 KJV).

Each day we spend with “H” our hearts bond with him deeper and deeper and when the time comes to say good bye, it is gets harder and harder.  When I hug him and he hugs back it is so wonderful I just can’t explain it but now I am seeing this is just what God did for me.  He pursued me and loved me until the day I accepted him just as “H” has us as his parents.  We must accept God and His Son for the adoption to be completed.  Then when we do we become a child of God, what a grand design.  WOW!!! Praise His Name!

Yesterday we spent four hours with “H” we are learning his sign language and he is learning the American Sign Language (ASL).  He is learning quite fast but we are trying to keep it simple and to the basics for right now because we do not want to overload him.  It is going to be enough of an adjustment for him now but we will work with him each day so the transition will be easier.    Please pray for us because our court day is next Tuesday June 4th and this district likes to make two sessions out of it. Our Facilitator is working now to see if he can get both session done next Tuesday so we are praying to God for this and we would appreciate your prayers as well.

We are posting a picture here for each of you to see this is us with our hope to be son. 

3 comments:

CAH said...

I love reading your blog. We have two deaf kids and are going soon to Ukraine to adopt a deaf child we hosted in our home over the winter.

Unknown said...

Great looking family! You are in our prayers and will remain so!

Rev. Ben Dailey said...

Guys, Thanks so much for the comments and the prayers. We cherish both.