Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 60 of our Adoption journey

What should have only been at the max of maybe 42 is now at 60 days and currently we still do not know when we will be able to travel home.  Right now we have everything done but the one road block is the Eastern European country we have adopted in changed the company that prints their passports and no passports have been printed in 4 weeks now.  We have been waiting on ours for 2 weeks now and finally this morning we were told that only test passports were printed and 80% of those were rejected due to faulty printing equipment.  We have been assured, as we have in the past few weeks, they are working 24/7 to correct the problem.  You see “P” is still considered a citizen of this EE country and will not officially be a U.S. Citizen until we can 1) get his EE passport, 2) The U.S. Embassy stamps his visa, 3) reach the First U.S. checkpoint and when they Stamp his passport he will then officially be an American citizen. 

We have contacted several government officials to ask for assistance, not just for us but there are six other families that are stuck here waiting on passports and many of them have children that need medical attention as soon as they can get it.  This situation is putting some of them in great danger and others are quickly running out of funds and one family may not have enough to get back home.  As I said we have contacted many, many government officials including, Senators, Representatives, U. S. State department, U.S. Embassy and the U.S. Consulate office.  Asking of for Emergency Passports for these children and get this we are basically told oh there is nothing we can do!  If they were truthful they would say there is nothing they will do.  What gets me about this is the current administration in office in Washington is supporting illegal immigrants and giving them free medical care, food stamps, lodging and jobs.  But for U.S. Tax payers like me who actually pay their salaries and help fund all of the free hand outs, when we ask for just an emergency passport so we can come home we are basically spat on and said No! “We will not do anything to help you because you are doing it legally and your are a tax payer!

Okay I have been on my soap box and said my peace now what I must remember is that while I am frustrated and aggravated with the system I cannot not let it consume me.  Why, because I had let it and when I realized it today I had to ask God for forgiveness.  You see when we allow frustration and anger to fill our inner being there is no room for the Spirit.  So I had to ask God to forgive me for allowing this to fill me to the point I could not feel Him or His Spirit.  Once I had that done I can forgive, oh I am still upset and frustrated with the situation but I refuse to allow it to eat me up and cause me to not feel the Spirit of God.  I know God is working on it, why?  Because I have asked him to.  We read in His word, Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee” (Psalm 33:20-22 KJV).   And then “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31 KJV).  And finally “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26 KJV).

Maybe this is the lesson God is trying to show me the to be more patient and not keep these feelings of frustration to a point where we can deal with them but not lose sight nor feeling of the Spirit and Will of God.  So please pray that we all can wait upon the Lord, I am reminded of a song the McKamey’s recorded a few years back “You’re Still God.”  You can listen to it here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLaqFu6SMt4.  Sometimes we need to be reminded we are still children of God and that is what matters. But also the paths we choose in this life as reflected by the late Robert Frost.
 "I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
(The Great poet Robert Frost penned this in his poem "The Road Not Taken", one of my favorite poems published in 1916.)  Question is what paths have your chosen?  Will you be proud to tell others of your path in years to come or completely ashamed and wanted to hide the paths?  Think about it?

Each day we are with “P” we are learning more about him and tickled at many of the little sounds he makes.  I love to sit and watch him play a game on the pad because he talks to himself through sign.  I guess to him this is how he thinks because many times I have watched as he spells things out.  We are working on some issues with sleeping and eating and we just discovered why he is not wanting to eat any meat.  His teeth are in horrible shape and one of them broke the other day and he told me it was hurting.  I have noticed he does not chew on that side either and the food that he does eat are the softer foods.  And it must be just the right temperature not to hot and not cold.   We are teaching him to pray before our meals and the other day I saw him open some chips to eat and I watched and he said his prayer in sign.  I am thankful I taught him this and now each night before he goes to sleep I go in and pray with him in ASL.  My prayer is that I will be able to teach him who God is and what Christ did for him so he will understand.  And it would be a great honor for either his mother or me to be the one who leads him to Christ.

Continue to pray for us as we wait on his passport and please pray it comes soon and that our funds hold out.  I was planning to go home today and Kathy and another mom were going to room together but yesterday Kathy stumbled and fell on our way back from lunch and has hurt her knee and foot. So I am going to stay and do the leg work and take care of her and "P".  She is having problems walking on them so please pray for her that God would touch her and heal her.

5 comments:

Rev. Ben Dailey said...

SallieKaye;

I feel you have misinterpreted my post. I was not asking for funds and to answer your question yes we did set aside and emergency fund and that emergency fund is what we are using now. What we need is our Government to step up to the plate and give our children passports to come home. They can do it if they would its called an emergency passport.

CAH said...

I don't think SallieKaye is a regular reader of your blog. If it were my blog, I'd delete the comment. It is irrelevant. You have too much stress in your life to deal with blog drama.

Back in 2009 a friend of mine got stuck in Kiev for 6 weeks waiting on a passport her for adopted son.

C.

CAH said...

He's trying to get a visa for his boy to come to the US. The embassy will usually issue an IR3 or IR4 visa for the newly adopted child after adoption. I think what he wants is an emergency visa.

They won't do it for an adoption unless his stage name is something like "Madonna" and he's adopting under an alias. Better off to ask for prayers that the printing company gets their act together.

Rev. Ben Dailey said...

CAH;

I have deleted her comments, it clear she is totally blind to those of us who actual care about other people. I will pray for her. And thank you for your comments I appreciate them also please continue to remember us in prayer as we sit here and wait on his passport to be printed.

CAH said...

I am cringing that you are still overseas waiting on a passport.
*
I guess now would be a bad time to mention that on my last adoption I was in and out of the country in under 25 days, including the 10 day wait.