Friday, August 15, 2014

Being Accepted

On one of my earlier blogs this week I stated as prospective parents we chose the children, but because of their age they have to accept us as their parents.  Well today they both had to write a document and sign it stating they accept us to be their parents.  This gives me better insight and a greater understanding of the verse “I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents” (Luke 15:10 (ESV).  Well for Kathy and me we were rejoicing and Kathy had so many emotions she could hardly contain them.  I know this is how God must feel when we accept Him and His Son Jesus Christ.

We still have a couple of processes to go through and a couple of them could be quite lengthy and because of this we will come home for about 6 seeks and then come back and finish the process.  During one of these processes there will be a three day period that we will get to be with the children around the clock.  Then we will have to say goodbye for just a little time.  I know this is going to be hard because they want to go with us so bad this time too will pass quickly.

I was talking with one of the young men here this week and he told me that he wants to go and become a minister.  I told him this was great because there is great need for people who can minister to the deaf community.  I was speaking to the pastor of the Oxford Baptist Church for the deaf recently and he told me a few years ago there were about 90 ministers in the Alabama Baptist Conference for the Deaf but this year there were only 29.  This is so sad because there are almost 92% of the deaf community that have not been reached.  Like Jesus said “The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few” (Luke 10:2a NASB).


No comments: