Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sonny with Showers of Blessings

Tuesday it was beautiful here in Eastern Europe, and we had to meet with the district board that is the equivalent of our DHR.  They asked us many questions about ourselves and about Pasha and why these children our reply was God.  After we had answered all of their questions we got a 100% vote from the board.  This means they have given their stamp of approval for us to move forward in the adoption of these two beautiful children.  So once again the Son shined down on us showers of blessings and has with each of our adoption journeys, and in our everyday lives.

 I don’t believe anything is by chance I believe when someone is put in our path either for us to help them or them help us for me it is divine intervention from the Heavenly Father.  You see God is omnificent knowing all things and if you study you will find this.  Take this example “And on the first day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the Passover lamb, his disciples said to him, "Where will you have us go and prepare for you to eat the Passover?"  And he sent two of his disciples and said to them, "Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him, and wherever he enters, say to the master of the house, 'The Teacher says, where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ And he will show you a large upper room furnished and ready; there prepare for us."  And the disciples set out and went to the city and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared the Passover” (Mark 14:12-16, ESV).

Jesus knew the servant and where he would be and who his master was so he told his disciples to look for him.  I believe that is how he does us because this year just like last year he has put us in the hands and care of many people.  It was not by chance I know it has been by divine intervention by God working in his wondrous way and using his Holy Spirit to speak to us and to them.  So many times I have turned around to ask for help and there was some who could speak some English and other times people would just hear us and step up to offer assistance.  So taking some words from Bro. Mark Lowery, “I just love it when God shows out.”

Because of the way God is helping and leading, I know we are doing God’s will in our lives and in the lives of these children.  For many years I did not understand why my hearing was getting so bad or why I had such deep desire to know American Sign Language, but now I do.  And if God sees the need to take all of my hearing then that is his will, and at the same time I know where my shepherd is leading me.  There are many of his sheep in the world and in our own State that have not been reached or had the Gospel explained to them.  A few years ago there were almost 100 ministers for the deaf according to one minister, who is deaf and pastors the largest deaf church in the state, this year there is less than half of that. 

Christ said look at the fields they are white unto harvest but where are the reapers.  Take whatever means you have; whatever gifts God has given; and go put them to use in the fields.  Just remember it does not take much, because if you are doing it for God he will bless you and he will provide your needs.   Remember he took a small stone in a boys sling shot and brought a mighty giant to his death. 


2 comments:

CAH said...

I've been reading your blog, "catching up today."

WoW. It's bringing back the memories.

Colleen

CAH said...

Understand very well why you went back.