Saturday, August 9, 2014

Same Shirt A Year Later

Have you ever dreamed or hoped for something and when it actually came to be it was better than you even imagined?  Well that would describe just how it was for us when we got to see the child yesterday.  When Theodore saw us he ran to us so fast I barely had time to get on my knee to greet him.  He hugged me so tight and I knew at that moment he knew we had come back for him.  I could tell from the look in his eyes he fully understood and I did not have to tell him.   The little girl, Joy was glad to see us but when we told her we had come to see her and Theodore her eyes lit up and the most beautiful smile came on her face and she grabbed Kathy and just hugged her.  Such emotions of joy we just can’t quite describe with mere words.

One thing I see from all the children here and that is they all crave the attention and affection.  It is so amazing how all of the children gather around just to be with us and they all want to hug us or just touch us so we just try to show each one some attention.  As I sit and ponder on these children I am reminded of the words of Christ.  “Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 19:14 KJV).  Just as the song we were taught as children Jesus Loves the Little Children and Jesus Loves Me the Bible tells me so.  If the Son of God felt it necessary to remind us to let the children come to him we should be the same way.  Let the children come unto us but we need to show them love that only comes from Jesus and sharing His Gospel with them. 

What we have they can only imagine and hope for, and they are amazed when they look at the pictures our phones.  I see the wonder and the awe, and for them we have everything while they have nothing to call their own.   Last year when we adopted Pasha we brought underwear, socks, shoes and clothes for him to change into because the garments he had on belonged to the School.  And as I looked at Theodore, I kept thinking that shirt he had on looked familiar.  Then it hit me, last year on our Gotcha date for Pasha we took a picture of Pasha and Theodore together and the shirt he had on that day was the shirt he greeted us in a year later.

We were told this week the government may be closing this facility and combing the children with other facilities because of budget constraints.  It is sad in a way because this is the only home many of them know. And they have actually become an extended family.  But the director greeted us and allowed us to go visit the children.  He was especially interested in how well Pasha is doing and we had a video of him sending a message to Theodore and Joy asking them to please come to America and be his brother and sister.  As he watched he realized Pasha was using all ASL (American Sign Language).  He was impressed at how well he looked and at the progress he has made.

Please continue to pray for these children but most of all pray that some way I can share the Gospel of Jesus with them because they are not taught anything about God or Jesus Christ.   






1 comment:

rosedel said...

I'll be praying for you and the children.