Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 22 of out adoption Journey


Well we had our first session of Court today and the good news is we get to move on to the next round and this is really good news.  We were hoping and praying that we would be able to get both sessions completed today but the prosecutor wanted to follow the guidelines so that no one could come back later and say the guidelines were not followed.  So in reality this is a good thing but the flip side is the Judge has to go to the capital of the state region for the next four days for a meeting and our final court will not be until next Tuesday.  But as I sat there praying and meditation on God’s word a verse from Isaiah kept echoing in my spirit.  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31 KJV).  Not only is God teaching me to put my trust in Him, He is also teaching me patience as well.  Why you ask?  God knows me and knows how impatient I can be so there are times that God has to remind me it is in His time not mine.  I am so glad that He loves me enough to correct me and guide me when I need it. 

Well today out young man came into the room and hugged us both very tight, the director told us he had come to ask her if we were coming and she told him about the work on the train crossing and that the road was closed.  But today we made up for it, we were able today to make up for the time lost yesterday.  It was wonderful however because of court I did not take my backpack that has his NABI (pad) and the books so all we had today as a flash card program I have loaded on my Android Pad.  He remember a good many of the and alphabet signs and all of the Signs for the object listed with each letter, Apple, Boy, Cat, Dog, etc.  I am pleased but I don’t want to push too hard because I don’t want him to be discouraged.  He is too bright of a young man and I know he will get it but we will work on it gradually, little by little until he begins to comprehend.  Finally today when we were about to leave, he hugged each of us and gave us each a kiss.  That young man really knows how to butter his momma and daddy up already. 

Please continue to remember us each day of our Adoption Journey, the saga continues and the process has been much slower than we anticipated.  Two others families came with us at the same time and one of them had their court last week and was approved.  The other family is adopting two children and will have their court this Friday.   The district we are in had not had an adoption is many years so the process has been slow and a learning experience for them local officials as well.  But we are thankful that we are still moving forward and we ask for you continued prayer.

2 comments:

CAH said...

Wow. I just caught up with your blog. I can't believe your court dates are a week apart. I'll double up on my prayers. You are handling this "spiritual warfare" with great grace - which is no small accomplishment.

I would love to meet you, because we are also adopting a deaf child, but I am going to pray you are out of Ukraine and home by the time we travel.

Unknown said...

Paying hard! God is good at teaching us! I have found it to be so. You are all in our hearts and prayers. Please give each other and the little man a hug for us!