Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 39 of our adoption journey

First of all let me begin by saying Happy SUMMER, yes today is the Summer Solstice which is the longest day of the year, for daylight that is.  And in 6 more months we will have the winter Solstice which will be the longest night, for darkness and then a few days after that will be Christmas.  Okay now that I have that tidbit of trivia put in let us now move right along to our the blog.

The one thing that Kathy nor I have been able to get acclimated to is the fact the sun does not set until almost 10:00 PM and it comes up about 4:20 AM.   At least once and sometimes two days a week our bodies finally just fall asleep out of pure exhaustion.   But that is just some of the minor inconveniences we know we can deal with because quite honestly I would be completely embarrassed if I were to complain to the people here.  I had been told some horror stories about this EE but what we have found has been quite the opposite.  We have met some of the nicest people here and very helpful as well.  All we have to do is just let them know we speak very of their language and that we are English and they are very glad to help us.  And every time I have walked to the market I have never done so in fear and neither has there been an incidence that has caused me to fear, other than some of the taxi drivers, which is another story for another day. 

In my devotion today the scriptures of 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 tells us to come out from the world and be a separate people.  This stood out to me because I have been praying each day we have been here, and even before that, that I could live a life so strong in Christ the world would be able to see him in my life.  We are to work on mirroring the image of Christ not just on Sunday but every day.  We can never obtain perfection but we can strive for it, we can strive to be as Christ like as we possibly can.   I pray that these people whose culture is so deeply rooted in the Christian faith can see Christ living in us and know we are Children of God.  Because we are trying to live the scriptures “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you” (2 Cor 6:17 KJV).

Again today we had a great day with “H”.  He really enjoys his NABI PAD but it can get in the way of us communicating with him so today I kept it in my back pack until we had some time to talk just one on one.  I wanted to know about his day, and what he ate for Breakfast and Lunch.  Come to find out he had HAMBURGERS TODAY!!!!  OH MAN OH MAN how I would so love to have a big huge greasy juicy HAMBURGER right now, I do mean cholesterol between two buns of bread all the way, the work!  That is something I have missed here, we have found pizza and it was good, different but it was very delicious!  And the food here is absolutely WONDERFUL the cook at the restaurant is a very good cook and we have enjoyed trying many of the wonder dishes on the menu.  We have settled on some of our favorites that we choose more frequently but a Hamburger right now would just be an added bonus. 

Now back to “H”.  I talked with him today and let him know we would be back Saturday, Sunday and Monday but we would not be able to come on Tuesday or Wednesday.  However on Thursday if all goes well when we come back to the camp it will be to GET HIM and begin the final part of the journey that will eventually allow us to take our son and go HOME.  It has been a long journey but we have been blessed beyond measure.  We ask that each of you please pray that we will be able to travel home the week of the 4th so we can be back at home in our Church, reunited with our family and friends.  Until then “TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!” 

Picture of the Day


1 comment:

CAH said...

That's a nice picture. I like looking at the pictures on your blog. It's funny. He looks like you. It's like God carved out his appearance knowing you'd come.
*
Still praying for your family.

C.