Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 35 of our adoption journey.

This morning I made my track back to the market area to purchase more water.  Also last Friday when we bought the balls we also purchased a chess, backgammon and checker board set that was left out of our bags.  When I walked into the store this morning the woman met me with the board.  I guess the other lady described me quite well because she knew me.  I told Kathy I was probably described as the white headed overweight American.  Hey you have to laugh about it because it is true, over the past 5 years I have put on a good bit of weight because all I was doing was sitting either at work or at home studying and not getting much physical exercise or doing any major physical activities.

I can handle this in many ways, I could take offense like a lot of people would or I can laugh with them.  I choose to laugh.  Why?  Because laughter is good medicine, like our momma’s taught us when they would say “Laughter is the best medicine.”  I remember something that was said in a movie I watched a couple of years ago about the Amish community where the young girls were shot and killed.  The movie told how the Amish people tried to keep anger and hatred out of their heart because they teach that this destroys a person and fills them with so much darkness nothing good can live there.  Well we can allow that to happen to us or we can learn to laugh with the world and you know what happens when we do?  Others realize you can laugh about it the jokes and pun all of a sudden subside.  But if we retaliate in anger then the game is on and you will face absolute torment from others.  Or they will just ignore you like you have the plague or something really bad and contagious. 

St. Peter wrote “Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory(1 Peter 1:8 KJV).  No I have not seen God nor Christ but I know they live in me because I have felt them living inside.  And because of this I have GREAT JOY and love to laugh when God defeats my enemies or removes my stumbling blocks and makes them stepping stones.  When I see others sit there in disbelief or kind of stunned when I tell them what God has done for me and others I just can’t help but get filled with laughter because I have the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, down in my heart to stay.

Today we had another wonderful visit with “H”.  We played dominoes again today with him and every time he would win, that little feller would just laugh that infectious laugh of his.  And he has one of those laughs that is from way down deep and you just can’t help but laugh with him.  After that we continued working with him on currency and again the teacher at the counter helped us.  We gave him coins today along with a couple of 1’s and she helped him understand what he needed to give her to purchase his snack.  Her help and guidance has been so welcomed by us and we are truly blessed by all of the people God has placed in our paths.  And I do mean everywhere, and it started when we began our journey, God putting people in our paths that helped us at the airport with security telling us what we needed to do. To God seating us with a young woman whose husband is a professor in a seminary located here telling us some of the wonderful food names and we are planning on meeting with them again when we head back north week after next.  Then the missionaries we met a couple of weeks ago at “H” facility.  We are hoping to spend time with them next weekend.  We are looking forward to attending service with them.  Kathy told me she may not understand a single word but where two or three are gathered together in His name, He will be in the midst of them.  Amazing Grace is still Amazing in any language.





No comments: