Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 23 of our adoption journey

This morning while Kathy was going through her Facebook friend’s one of them posted a scripture from Mathew 6:34.  As we were reading it this morning and looking at the various versions and commentaries loaded on the laptop this is the version that really brought it home for us. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:34 NIV).  I really like the interpretation of the NIV, many times my life have I have heard people say, do not worry about tomorrow let tomorrow take care of itself!  And who all will never forget that famous line by Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With the Wind, “I will not think about that today, I will think about that tomorrow, after all tomorrow is another day.”  And who can forget the song from Little Orphan Annie, the sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar there will be sun.  

These are great lines we all remember and repeat from time to time; however, we need to remember the words of Christ when he said don’t worry about tomorrow, why? God is already there.  God is there yesterday, today and tomorrow.  What we need to do is trust and pray, and cast our cares on Him.  As I have been saying God has been teaching me many things lately but one of them is that I need to TRUST HIM and CAST ALL MY CARES ON HIM.  And the next thing is learning to wait on God because in his time and in his will he will handle our petitions.  It may not be like we want but it will be according to his will.  What we have to do is pray about it and praying is something we can do anytime, where and way.  The McKameys recorded a song a few years back called “Prayer Changes Me.”  I have located the lyrics and I am going to add them here.

                               Prayer Changes Me

                                              I
Lying awake at night
thinking of things beyond my control.
Ready to give up the fight
weary and tired of carrying the load.
I know there's nothing more I can do or say
then God says just give it to me.
Then I whisper a prayer that only he hears
and I rest peacefully.

                                              II
Troubles somedays seems so long
I can't help but wonder just when they will end.
I know I'm supposed to be strong
but sometimes I don't think I'll ever win.
That's when he tells me you walk without me
but in my strength alone.
And when I began to trust more in him
I can sing a song.

                                              Chorus
I can pray out loud, or silently.
I can pray standing tall or on my knees.
It really makes no difference
just that prayer is the key.
Cause prayer changes things and it changes me.

If you carefully read the words of this song you will see this is exactly what God wants from us, to TRUST in HIM!  If we set aside 1 hour a day to worry about our problems what does that hour accomplish?  NOT ONE THING! NADA! NOTHING!  But when we cast all our cares upon him he will handle them.  What we are to do is take our fears, doubts and cares to him in Prayer and by doing so, the prayers we pray being to change us through him.

Kathy and I are learning this every day.  We discuss various verses and what God is showing us in them and how God has worked so wondrously in our lives.  Two years ago if you had told me I would be in Eastern Europe now, I would have said, you have no idea what you are saying but look at us we are here.  Granted it is taking a lot longer than it normally does but here we are and it has been God that has lead us every step of the way.  And each day we get to spend with “H” is just absolutely wonderful and each day we are bonding with him more and more.  Now we are beginning to see him reciprocate our love, today he came in and hugged each us and kissed us both on the cheek.  WOW he really knows how to butter us up! Today he also surprised us when we went over his Alphabet, he knew almost every one of them from memory!  He is getting there and we are still working and with him and praying the transition will be smooth.  But like “H” momma and daddy are having to learn his sign language as well so we can help him transition to ours.

Please stay with us as our adoptions saga continues and as always please keep us in your thoughts and in your prayers.

Sincerely

Rev. Ben & Kathy Dailey

6 comments:

CAH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CAH said...

Maybe your there so long because you're "breaking ground" for another adopting family who can't stay overseas for as long. Someone's adoption would fail and a child given hope and then abandoned because the next family would have to leave for one reason or another. Maybe God chose you to stay so the next adoption gets completed. It might not be what you want now but in 6 months you may hear of a family that adopted from the same orphanage and got in and out quick. And you'll wonder why and then learn that they had 3 little kids they left at home while they traveled. I've been following Reecesrainbow adoptions for awhile and I've seen this happen. God may have chosen you
for this cross because He knows you have a strong spirit and can carry it, whereas someone else is at their limit just getting overseas. Keep the faith, I am rooting for TeamGod.

CAH said...

That was me that deleted the top comment. I tried to edit after I published and it wouldn't let me so I copied and rewrote it -and it's still not worded well : )
*
*
As a side note a few years ago, we adopted a child via Reecesrainbow. Back then I had an adoption blog and I really enjoyed reading comments on my posts. It was one of the things that eased our adoption trials. Special need older child adoption from a foreign country is difficult. There aren't many souls willing to take a drink from That Cup. Your community is blessed to know you.
*
We are still praying for you.

Rev. Ben Dailey said...

CAH;

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I found a small ship 13 years ago that had the following written on the sail "The Will of God will never take you where His Grace can't keep you." I have that on my desk in my home office. I look at it many times a week and am still amazed at how God continues to work in our lives. But I have to remember what God Word tells us in Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I am just a servant of God trying to do what he has asked me to do. Because If he brings me to it I know he will take me through it.

CAH said...

Beautiful words, well said. I wish I had the way of the Words of God that you have. Your blog is very easy to read and interesting. I like that you're teaching him American sign in country. We didn't do that when we adopted. That's a good idea.

The Mr. said...

I'm reminded of the Hymn, 'Trust and Obey' when I read this post. Thanks for sharing.