Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 42 of our adoption journey

Thought for the day “The Lord with fight for you: all you have to do is stand still.”  The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14 KJV).

I would like to begin by saying to those who have been following our Blog every day for the next few days I will not be able to make my daily post because we are going to be on the run getting paper work together.  We have to get paperwork here tomorrow and then travel across the country, literally to the city where “H” was born and get some of his documents updated.  Then we make the track back here with the updated documents and for more paper work so we can finally have our GOTCHA date!!!! “H” is looking forward to it and I was able to communicate this to him and he understands that we will not be visiting him Tuesday or Wednesday but when we come back on Thursday we will be taking him with us.  And he wanted to make sure I remembered to bring his new pants, shirts and shoes. 

You see we bought “H” some new clothes before we came hoping we had the size correct.  So after court we took a pair of the pants with us and tried them on him and they fit great.  We have since purchased him 4 additional summer outfits.   And “H” remembered and told me not to forget them, I have them ready in a small backpack that we have purchased for him so he can be like Daddy and carry his NABI Pad like Daddy carries his.  And he will have it with him on the train and we also purchased an EE USB charger adapter that we can use on the train to recharge his PAD when he runs it down.  Now the only problem is he has really taken a liking to Daddy’s PAD and has been playing with it when he could.  So I am going to have to hold him back from mine as much as I can.


Yesterday I did what the Scriptures teaches and I rested on the Holy Day.  Here in EE yesterday was the celebration of the Pentecost which is the day the Holy Spirit descended on the Apostles.  As I looked outside from our hotel window I told Kathy this had to be the quietest day I have seen in the 38 days we have been here.  But today things are getting back to the normal schedule and tomorrow they will be back in full swing.   And as for us and our adoption and our spiritual journey, we ask that each of you pray for our safety as we will be doing quite a bit of traveling this week.  We are hoping we can get done what we are hoping and maybe move on to the US Embassy next week where we are praying we can possibly get to travel home toward the end of the week.  This is our prayer and we ask that you pray with us for this.  

1 comment:

rosedel said...

I've been praying for safe travels and smooth procedures. But, mostly I've been praying for God to continue to hold you all close to His heart.