Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 38 of our adoption journey

As of today we have only have 5 days left until we can pick up the adoption decree and begin the process of getting documents chased down and changed so we can get “H” next Thursday.  He is counting down the days and tells us every day how many days left till he can finally leave with us and begin our journey home.  We also have to communicate to him so he will understand that we will not be there two days next week but when we do come back we will pick him up and take him with us.  The bittersweet is there are so many other children at the facility we have grown so fond of; however there is one little boy in particular and he is “H” best friend.  Each day we are with “H” we see more of his personality and that wonderful sense of humor and last but not least the little light that shines in his eye when he is happy or laughing.   That wonderful smile of his and it seems that all the children in his facility really like him and he does them. 

I never doubted that it was God that guided me to a picture of a little boy one day on the internet and from the time I first saw those eyes and that face, I fell in love.  And still there are times I see that same face looking up at me with love and my heart just fills with complete joy.  And don’t even mention what he has done to his momma’s heart, she is totally in love with this young man.  I can see the momma look every time she sees him and when he gives her hugs.  But at the same time I see how it tears her heart out like it does mine when we have to leave him.  In the process of all of this God is showing me things I would not have even understood or comprehended before about how he loved us.  How he adopts those into his kingdom who are not of his chosen people, how he chooses us but in return we must accept him as our Heavenly father and His Son as our personal savior.  Because Christ his son taught us that he came to seek and to save that which was lost.  He is still working on me every day and pray he does not cease from his work, leadership, guidance and his teaching.

As I have mentioned before I have told Kathy that it is going to keep us in shape trying to keep up with “H” because he is very fast.  I have been telling him that we get to the big city he cannot be running ahead like that and he will need to keep a hold of our hands.  I have been stressing the dangers of the city with all of the traffic and the people there and that he will need to hold to our hands at all times or walk very close to our side.  This I am working on right now so he will understand better when we leave the facility he has called home for the past four or five years.  He loves to take the digital camera every day and take pictures, I have been trying to get him to understand how it is done, he is getting better but still has not grasped the concept of small press and the final press to click.  He just puts his finger on the button and presses until it finally takes a picture.  But he enjoys it so we just let him go with it.  He has taken some very interesting pictures and also he loves taking pictures of himself.  We get so tickled watching him trying to take pictures of himself and the likes making faces in the pictures.  I am telling you seeing the world through his eyes is so refreshing for us. 


We have been talking this week and I said to Kathy a couple of days ago you know it going to be exciting watching him experience things that he would not have otherwise been able to see.   And I told her I can’t wait for him to see the mountains I know that trigger happy camera nut is going to use up every bit of my 4gb card probably the first day.  But hey I want to see his face experience these things, I want him to enjoy life and experience it and I want to be the one praying with him each day and teaching him of the love of Christ.  Not just me but his momma as well because that is what we are supposed to do and I am praying that as we begin to learn to communicate with “H” better that God would allow us to use these gifts to reach others who are hearing impaired or deaf.

1 comment:

CAH said...

For me it was an email sent to me in error with a photo of a little girl with many issues. My email came to the sender at exactly the right time. She thought she was replying to someone else when she clicked the email I sent and sent the reply with a photo of this child. 'God's timing'. At the time this occurred I had a dossier in Russia and I was waiting for a referral of a healthy baby boy.
*
A year later I traveled to a completely different country for an older special need girl.
*
God's timing.