Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 40 of our adoption journey

Wow 40 days we have been in EE, same amount of days it rained when Noah was in the Ark and 40 days that Christ was in the wilderness being tempted.  Seems like a long time and we are getting so ready to go home but we still have paper work that we have to get completed before that can happen.  “H” today had one of those Eureka moments today when he realized he could do the count down on one hand.  That is correct we only have 5 days provided nothing happens until we can get him and take him with us as we begin the last leg of the adoption journey to bring “H” home. 

As I have said before and I will say it again today, God has been teaching me so much about Himself and my relation to him and also more about the Redemption of my sins through the shedding of the blood our  paschal lamb, Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God.  You see as we saw a picture “H” a couple of years ago and we fell in love with him then, we began to pursue him and finally the day came when we were introduced.  The joy that filled our hearts as we stood there that day with “H” for the first time I shall never forget it.  Then the time came when we offered an invitation to “H” to be a part of our family.  This was a decision he had to make all by himself and no one else could do that, and when he said he wanted us to be his Momma and Daddy I will tell you our hearts just filled with great joy!   This is the same thing that happened with me one day, God sought me out and gave me an invitation because he loved me that much.  But I had to make a decision just like “H” did that day I had to make a choice and no one else could make the decision for me I had to make it on my own.  And when I said yes there was such great joy in heaven the angels rejoiced and celebrated in the presence of God because one who was lost had come home.

Again today I first sat and talked with “H”, oh believe you me he wanted to play on his NABI but I held on and told him we would talk first and then he could play.  You see we know him and we love him, but that is not enough.  We want to KNOW him and we want him to KNOW us and how is this done?  By communicating with him, many times as we are communicating with him I see his eyes began to wonder, but again this is because his eyes is how he sees and basically, in his way, hears the world, so I have to bring him back into focus.  What is so very scary in this aspect he is just like his Daddy, I have to constantly work at keeping my mind on what I am doing and not let my attention get drawn away.  It is not always easy but God has been helping with it and I am getting much better.  However there are times I tend to be a workaholic because I am trying to focus on what I am doing.  Now I get so focused on what I am working on or studying that I lose all track of time and finally look up and see the time then I am usually running late for something else so now I have to find a way to balance this. Just as I will with “H” because I see things in him already that remind me of myself and his brother.  And I just know the two of them are going to be two peas in a pod and their Momma and I will have to keep an eye on the two of them.  

Our Picture of the Day

Day 40 picture of the day, on the bench out side the camp snack shop.

No comments: