Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 37 of our adoption journey

I have been thinking about something since our visit with “H” yesterday.  When we arrived “H” came running to me hugged my neck and took my hand and held it ever so tightly and stayed as close to me as he could.  We then learned that he and his best friend had been fighting and we still cannot figure out why and “H” is not wanting to talk about it. What occurred to me about him doing that is he came to me for protection, and to me that spoke volumes to me saying I have enough trust in my Daddy to protect me.  We did have him apologize and we talked with him and told him he needed to be good and not fight with his best friend because they would only have another week to be together.  Kathy and I are praying that it is not some type of jealousy issue because “H” has parents who come to see him every day.
  
There reason for this suspicion is right after we started visiting “H” every day the two of them were together one day and ask us if we would take him too.  How do you answer that question?  If I had the means and the paperwork you had better believe that I would have pushed to get him as well because they are such good friends and have been together a long time.  We would have taken as many as we could because they are all great children and we have grown fond of them and enjoy their company each time we are with them.  It is a good thing God always has everything necessary when he receives another child into the Kingdom of God.  Please pray for these children that God would give each one of them a good home but most importantly they will come to know Him as their heavenly Father and Jesus his son as their Saviour.


Again today “H” showed us how many days.  Can you believe it 11 days until we can get him and begin the part of the journey that will take us home?  We are ready to go home because we are missing our church and family more each day.  But we know God has brought us on this journey and we want to do His will above all.  Just as Christ said in the garden the night he prayed, not my will but thine be done.  That is what we all need to do is the will of God.  Please pray for us as we continue this adoption journey because things are constantly changing here in the adoption requirements and also there are 3 holidays coming up in the next two weeks.

1 comment:

CAH said...

My heart breaks for the kids left behind. Maybe you can get the kids available for adoption posted on Reeces Rainbow and find homes for them???
Someone once did that for H. which is how you found him. And I found my deaf daughter via Reeces Rainbow as well.