Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 26 of our adoption journey

I did not make a post yesterday because when Kathy and I arrived back at the hotel we both just needed to rest.  Sometimes the body tells you when is really needs to rest and ours did yesterday afternoon. However, we did find two great movies to watch yesterday, one about a young boy who was deaf the second was about a girl who was also deaf. Two great movies that we enjoyed greatly.
 
Do you really know how good GOD IS?  Well listen to what happened to us today. Remember earlier this week a scripture I used was “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” (Jer 33:3 KJV).  And then Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you (1 Peter 5:6-7 KJV).   Well just let me tell you how good GOD IS!  We have been trying to find some crayons for “H”, we were able to find some felt tip markers but we were hoping to find some plain crayons.  So this morning after I finished my devotion and study time, I was praying and I ask God two simple requests:  First I asked him to help me get some crayons for “H” and second if he would help me teach “H” who God Is.  As we arrived at the facility today, there was a white van pulled up and three people got out, two men and a woman.  The Director at the facility told us they were Americans.  Turns out one of the guys was the pastor of the Calvary Church in this States, another man was also in a ministry with him and so was another young woman.  And they came today to share the word of God with the Children in this facility.  The young Pastor was also a professional interpreter and proficient in both the Sign Language that “H” knows and the ASL (American Sign Language). 

After he finished the story of Noah and the tower of Babel they gave the children gifts and when “H” opened his gift he found of all things CRAYONS!!!!! Now as the 23rd Psalms states “He anointed my head with oil, my cup runneth over.”   Let me just tell you when I saw those crayons my cup just filled up completely and has been running over ever since. Tears filled my eyes and the Pastor asked me what was wrong and I shared with him my prayer request. It was just simple crayons to the others but to me it was an anointment and confirmation that God hears our prayers.  The pastor told me they have been trying to get here for quite some time but because of one set back or another they had not be able to make it.  And not only that, but for the past couple of days he they have been fought against to come.  But they continued to pray that God would bless this trip and today they found out why. 

 You see God does not do things like we would think but, He does things His way and all we are to do is just what he asks us to do.  He takes cares of the details and he satisfies the needs of many in the process, even if it is just a small box of crayons.  Well I must say the visit today was not only wonderful and great but very spiritual as well.  Why?  Because God answered the prayer of a servant.  “H” and the other children really soaked up every word these people were sharing with them and in the process I learned how to share God with my soon to be son!!!! In the infamous words of Rev. Billy Burtram “Ain’t God Good!  All The Time!”

 Sorry no picture today.

No comments: